Why we use this?

Colloidal silver is made of silver atoms in distilled ion-less water. According to Natural News, ‘the particles of silver are small enough to penetrate on a cellular level and destroy pathogens of all types, including bacteria, fungal spores, parasites, and viruses’. Why use colloidal silver? Here are a few reasons:

Health benefits

Throughout history, silver has been a used as a therapeutic agent, particularly with infectious disease and surgical infections. While colloidal silver is not supported by the pharmaceutical or medical industries, there is anecdotal evidence of its health benefits. A quick internet search will quickly reveal thousands of personal testimonials about colloidal silver helping treat a range of different diseases and injuries. Patients have claimed that colloidal silver has helped them with diseases and ailments from sinusitis, to wounds and burns, to HIV/AIDS.

Illness prevention

Some people claim that not only does colloidal silver help treat illness, it also helps prevent all types of flu, as well as the common cold. Again, the only evidence to support these claims is anecdotal. Many of the testimonials supporting colloidal silver as a cold and flu preventative recommend that you treat the illness before it takes control of your body.

It is different to mainstream antibiotics

Unlike pharmaceutical antibiotics, colloidal silver does not destroy the good bacteria that’s needed for digestion and immunity. In 2004 the Oxford Journal of Antimicrobial Chemotherapy published research stating that ‘the antimicrobial activity of small amounts of metal, known as oligodynamic action, has been known for a long time and is the basis for the development of many therapeutic agents. Recently, ionic silver substances have been re-surging again in popularity. What makes silver unique in comparison with other antibiotics is the fact that it has no toxicity and carcinogenic activities’. In other words, using antibiotics lowers immunity by wiping out both good and bad bacteria. On the other hand, colloidal silver does not harm good bacteria, only the bad.

It is safe

Silver is generally risk-free when ingested in small amounts. Cases of argyria, or grey skin, have only been caused by long-term over-consumption of high strength silver. There are no documented cases of argyria being caused by moderate use of modern, electrically produced colloidal silver. There are only a very small number of stories of other negative side effects and electrically colloidal silver is generally considered risk free.